How to prepare and have everything available to provide prospective buyers full information? Documents that are clear and up-to-date and full information will assure buyers of your integrity and seriousness.
HERE ARE THE REQUIRED DOCUMENTS YOU WILL NEED FOR A SMOOTH SALE
- The purchase contract (bill of sale). It confirms that you are the
- The title deed and the certificate of location.
- The tax bills for the current year (municipal taxes, school taxes, etc).
- The utility bills: electricity, gas, oil, etc.
- Mortgage records for the past two years.
- A complete list of inclusions (what you are selling with the property): heat pump, draperies, appliances, etc.
- The Declarations by the Seller form – it is the complete data sheet for your property: year of construction and acquisition, mortgage and easements, water infiltration, soil contamination, condition of the roof, heating system, plumbing, etc.
- Details of improvements and renovations. For example, if you have redone the kitchen, an overview of costs of work and supporting invoices.
IF YOU SELL AN APARTMENT IN CO-OWNERSHIP (CONDOMINIUM)
- A document outlining the amount of the contingency fund, amounts paid in condo fees, the surface area of the apartment, your share in the co-ownership and exclusive use rights for this share.
- The buyer may ask to consult the maintenance log, regulations, and the declaration of co-ownership, the minutes of general meetings and financial statements for the last two years: be prepared to produce these documents.Contact your syndicate of co-ownership necessary.